Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review - Giving Chase - Lauren Dane

Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1)Giving Chase by Lauren Dane

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This one just wasn't for me. I wanted to like it, to read all the books in the series. Four hot brothers finding love? Sounded good. I guess this one's just not my style. I didn't enjoy the characters. I don't mind insecure female leads - but Maggie was over the top for me. Everyone kept having to reassure her how beautiful she was. ugh. Kyle was kind of bland. I liked Shane a whole lot better - he was flawed. I like my characters flawed, I guess. Everyone in the book was in their mid to late twenties, yet sometimes they talked to each other like they were in high school. Especially the "bad" women, who picked on Maggie all the time and never failed to remind her she wasn't "cool" or in the "in-crowd". It was just a little too much for me.
The sex was good. I did enjoy that. :) But all in all, this book just didn't do it for me. Cheesy characters, cheesy dialogue, cheesy plot twist. And odd, Southern dialogue that I didn't always understand. Maybe the next books in the series get better? This one? Not for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment