Friday, March 16, 2012

Review - Curveball by Kate Angell

Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)Curveball by Kate Angell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I fell in love with the Richmond Rogues in Squeeze Play. I love baseball, I love baseball players. So, I had to devour this next book in the series. The Bat Pack - what a great group of guys to focus a book on. Love them! Something about the bad boys, or even just the "player"- but I enjoyed reading about these guys more than Risk and Zen. Their women were awesome, as well. I loved Keely and Emerson, their independence, their determination not to be "fan girls", how they wanted more from the guys than just a quick roll in the hay, and held out. I also liked Jen, but felt like we really didn't get to know her as well. Maybe because she's always been in Chaser's life - there wasn't the getting to know each other phase of their relationship. The sexual tension is rampant throughout the book. And there is much hot sex to be had... sweet, hot, sex. This book is strictly romance.
I'm going to be nit-picky. Baseball is my favorite sport, and while I'm not as observant as the woman in the bar who could tell the players had had sex by the swivel of their hips, I do know the sport. So, some of the little baseball details throughout the book weren't always perfectly logical along the lines of the game of baseball. But, I suspended my disbelief - or however that literary term goes, and I immersed myself in the world of the Richmond Rogues, and loved it! Can't wait to read the other installments.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment