Friday, July 15, 2011

Review - Warrior Reborn - K.H. LeMoyne

Warrior Reborn (The Guardians of Eden, #2)Warrior Reborn by K.H. LeMoyne

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


We meet Briet and her brother, Ansgar and learn they are guardians. Then Briet goes to her job as a doctor in testing new drugs on children with cancer, and we are inundated with medical terminology. I forgot I was reading a paranormal romance, and felt like I was trying to understand a medical drama on TV. This was really distracting for me throughout the book. Maybe because it just didn’t interest me? I just felt like we could learn about the trials and her work without all the super-technical speak.


In the first few chapters, we meet so many people - doctors, nurses, the people from the drug company, the kids being tested - it’s hard to keep everyone straight. So I just focused on the main players. This drug testing is where Briet meets Jason, and their interactions are deliciously tense, because she senses he is her mate, but she doesn’t want him to be. Yet, there is an attraction there she tries to fight. Jason also feels drawn to her and has no idea why. I like the tense scenes between them, which are all building up to something explosive, I can just tell.


I enjoyed how Briet slowly gets under Jason’s skin, yet he clings to his bachelor rules. He is not the white picket fence and 2.5 kids kind of guy, and he lets her know up front. She had this preconceived fantasy of what it would be like to find her mate, and now that she has found hers, she is disappointed. Call me crazy, but I like it when the relationship isn’t easy and instant happy-ever-after. The build-up for their relationship was awesome. And when they finally came together - Yum!!


I really liked the world that was built, and I think I will go back and read the first book, so I can get to know a little more about this world. The idea is so fresh and unique, I want to explore it more.


One nit-picky thing that I notice with almost every book I read is all the typos - there were several typos, grammar mistakes, spelling errors, name changes, misplaced commas… There were even sentences where words were missing. All it needs is a good once-over with a fine-tooth proofreading comb, and it would be great!

I enjoyed the action, the romance, and the writing was great, there were vivid descriptions, good dialogue, and we really get to know the characters. I sympathized with Briet and Jason, and I wanted them to work it out. The medical conversations and details get to be too much, and I found myself halfway skimming over the explanations, but the love story and the intrigue combined to make a fabulous story. I would rate the book a 3.5 out of 5, because I’m just not into all the scientific detail, but it was an enjoyable read. Heat factor - 3.5 out of 5, also. Sex scenes were hot. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment