Sunday, May 1, 2011

Top 5 Sundays #6

Happy May!! Summer is almost here! :) Time for Top 5 Sundays - hosted by Larissa...



(I still am unsure as to how to get her image here without the code being right there... Yes, I kinda suck at this... but I'm learning... )

The theme for today is:
Most Jaw Dropping Bookish "Plot Twists"!
  *thanks Amanda P for the theme!







But first, a little bit about this feature and the rules to join in…
Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.
Rules:
  1. Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
  2. Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
  3. Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
  4. After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
  5. If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
     
    This was hard!! I stood in front of my bookcase and mentally went through the books... not a lot of plot twisting going on in my library... :) These are not in any particular order - just as I thought of them.
     
    1. The Lords of the Underworld Series - Gena Showalter
       The Darkest Secret (Hqn)
    There are some plot twisties throughout the books and they add much to the plot and subplots. 

    2. The Private Series - Kate Brian
    Ominous (Private)
    This has got to be my favorite non-paranormal in any way (until recently) series. The plot twists throughout this series are mind-blowing!!

    3. The Secret Circle Trilogy - L.J. Smith
    The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part I 
    Not a huge plot twist - but it's so juicy.... :)

    4. The Sweep Series - Cate Tiernan
    Book of Shadows (Sweep, No. 1) 
    Again - small plot twists throughout the series keep it fresh and interesting and keep the reader on her toes. :)

    5. Taken by Midnight - Lara Adrian
    Taken by Midnight (The Midnight Breed, Book 8) 
    So I love the Midnight Breed series - and what happened in this book is like "WHAT? What is going on?" And we STILL don't know the whole of it... So I am desperately waiting for the next one - whose release kept getting pushed back and now I have to wait until June!
    Deeper Than Midnight (The Midnight Breed, Book 9)

    So there's my list... I guess I used more series because I could think of individual twists - but not necessarily the exact books they came from in the series. And sometimes those twists evolve over a few books. Stop by the other blogs and check out their lists, too. Let me know what you think- about mine... and what would be on your list??

3 comments:

  1. Good choices! I haven't read any of those books, but a good twist isn't hard to find with so many awesome books out there! Mine kind of develop through series overall as well, although I did try to pick a book cover from that series that had the most "OMG!" twist that I could recall!

    Here's my Top 5 Sundays

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome picks! totally agree =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm. those are interesting choices! hope you can check out mine too (:

    btw, you might want to join our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete