Thursday, May 19, 2011

Follow Friday #10 & 18 And Over Tag Along #2



To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://ninjagirlreads.blogspot.com/
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Happy Follow Friday!

Q. It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...

Hmmmm... Quirky things...

1. I used to teach English, one of my biggest pet peeves is incorrect spellings used in public - on menus, signs, specials boards, etc...

2. When I go somewhere on vacation, I usually bring home a rock from that place - I love rocks and everything to do with geology... Needless to say, there are tons of rocks all over my house. :)

3. I love rainy and stormy weather, and am happiest when it's raining. Sunny days actually sometimes depress me. I also get more done and am more motivated when it's raining. I tend to be lazy when it's sunny. Thunderstorms are my favorite

4. I can't stand feet. I don't like looking at other people's feet, I don't really like wearing flip-flops or walking around barefoot. 

5. I love the moon, and often take pictures of it because it is so fascinating to me. I love all phases of it, in all positions of the sky. I love how it changes colors and size and just love looking at it. 

Okay - so that's part of what makes me quirky... Your turn!! :)

 

Photobucket

Did you set yourself a reading goal?

I did. On Goodreads, I set a goal of 52. I was going for one a week. Now, with beginning to blog, and discovering I like reading books on my iPod, I will probably surpass that goal. Go me! :)  

19 comments:

  1. New Follower.
    I agree feet are creepy.
    Have a great weekend,
    Erika @ Let's talk about books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I am ridiculously proud that my second toe is shorter than my big toe. I don't like feet where the second toe is longer (as it is on most people).
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about spelling and grammar; my special pet peeve is confusion of contractions with possessives (its/it's; their/there/they're)!

    Bookworm1858

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the 18 & over tag along. Have a great weekend!

    Bookgirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love thunderstorms too! Old follower showing some love on the Friday Follow & Tagalong! Have a great weekend!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here! I also love rainy weather. I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 10 years and it gave me more than my fill of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to bring home rocks from family holidays-we actually had one my dad called our pet rock, he used to move it around when we weren't there and pretend it had moved itself...

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, we are so totally in sync on #1 and #2. My spouse just rolls her eyes every time a new rock makes its way onto my bookshelves. :)

    Sally @ Bibrary Bookslut

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like cloudy days too! Sunny days upset me as well. Thought I was alone on that front!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower, hopping through!

    I love looking at the moon too, especially when it's a full moon. :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I set a goal of 100 books, so far I'm at the 40 mark - so Yea Me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, new follower stopping by for the hop! ;) I set my goal to 200 since that's about what I read last year, but so far I'm 39% ahead! Woohooo, thanks to audiobooks or I wouldn't come close it.

    Stop by our blog
    Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodreads set goal is 100! Good luck to both of us! lol

    Nat @ Reading Romances
    Small Blogs, Big Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodreads goal is 100 , New Follower as well

    18 and over Tag Along

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, I'm a new follower...If you love rain, you should come to Maine! It's been damp for days, with no signs of letting up. I do love thunderstorms, and fog over the ocean, but I wouldn't mind a teeny bit of sun.
    -- Elizabeth
    elizabethmilesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I'm a new follower.
    I saw this 18 and over tag along and thought I would join in!

    My reading goal is 75 books.
    Here's my Follow Friday

    Monique @ AsianCocoa's Secret Garden

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love thunderstorms too! And the Moon. Cool! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! Hopping through, new follower here! I'm productive during thunderstorms and raining days, too! Though.. only when the power is still on. Everytime there's a little bit of lightning, our power shuts off.
    When I went to Ireland, Scotland, and England, I managed to bring a rock home with me from each one. It's the perfect souvenir - free, and a piece of the country can come home with you!

    I hope you're having a fantastic weekend. Come visit me at Novel Addiction!
    Amanda

    glowsnoveladdiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you have a good week. I am late sorry.

    ReplyDelete