Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Review - Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Fifty Shades sucked me in, took me on an incredible emotional ride and completely left me hanging in heartache. The writing was great and kept the action moving along at a fast pace.

Ana drove me crazy. I'm not sure exactly why, but she did. I really enjoyed her voice in the emails between her and Christian, but that voice rarely showed itself in face-to-face conversation. Christian, now him I loved. What can I say? I'm addicted to the tortured-soul, complete control-freak Dom. Don't we all want to be the one to fix him?



I think Christian evolved quite well as he reconciled his emotions he discovered when he was with Ana. Yet, Ana seemed uncompromising to me. Although, I think Christian should have insisted on her doing more research when she balked at portions of the D/s lifestyle. I don't know, given her a book to read maybe? He just did a crappy job explaining why he needed the things he needed and Ana could never really understand him.



The sex in here is hot! The BDSM scenes are tasty. And the end leaves you completely hanging and wanting to throw something. I will need to get the next two books so I can see how Ana and Christian make it through all their issues.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment