Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review - The Anointed: Demon Trackers Book One by CC James

Demon Trackers: The Anointed (Demon Trackers #1)Demon Trackers: The Anointed by CC James

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Demon trackers - I was intrigued and kind of excited. This is a solid first book to a new series. I thought it was on the short side, however, as it seemed to only cover one major event. The action was written in great detail and a few hours time took almost the entire book.


I liked the relationship between Jake and Cal, and then with their father. It was nice to see the men being caring toward each other and worrying and protecting each other - though one or the other was in so much peril at some point - it got a little on the tiresome side to constantly be worrying someone was going to become gremlin food.


There seems to be a lot of backstory that is not yet revealed to the reader and I suppose I will have to continue in the series to find the answers to questions I have about the boys’ past.


This book was well-written, good details, good character development, and I became engaged in the story.


One thing I did not really like was how young the boys are - Cal is 16 and Jake is 19, and they are half-human and fighting horrible demons. I don’t know why their ages bothered me - Jake not so much, but it bothered me that Cal was so young…  Again, I’m not sure why - it just did.


Overall, I enjoyed this story - it is action-packed with lots of demon-butt-kicking. There is zero romance, but from the excerpt of the next book, there might be some on the horizon. I give the story 3.5 stars - I liked it, but I didn’t love it. I would recommend it to anyone who like urban fantasy - lots of action, little romance. Thank you to author, CC James, for the chance to read and review this book. I will be checking out book two when that comes out.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm a sucker for the brothers-in-arms-against-evil storyline, so I'll definitely have to check this one out.
    Good review!

    ReplyDelete