Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays!

Top Ten Tuesdays is an original weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme is:
Top Ten Unread Books on Mandy's Bookshelf
My TBR is HUGE! And I keep adding to it. I tell myself I won't start any new series until I catch up on the ones I'm reading... but that never happens. Sometimes I just stare at my TBR, wondering what to read, and then buy a new book... There are some books that have sat there, unread for so long, it's sad. Here are the top ten:

1. The Vampire Chronicles Books 1-3 by Anne Rice - I really want to read these, I mean she practically started the vampire craze, and I love the first movie! I tried reading it once, and couldn't get through it... someday, though, someday.
2. Cross Country by James Patterson - I used to be really into Patterson, read all his Alex Cross books, and the series with the women, too. Then I became almost all paranormal, and I just stopped. I know the Alex Cross series has moved on, but I never got past this one. Sad, really.
3. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - I heard this was good, and it has to do with the history of Count Dracula - what's not to love? I just haven't gotten around to picking it up.
4. The Fiery Cross and A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon - I LOVED this series. I read it so many, many years ago. But I was happy after the last book before these, I didn't need more, I don't think. But because I loved the series, I bought these. Now it's been so long, I'm not sure I'd remember details if I finally picked these up to read.
5. Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton - Technically, I've been reading this book for almost a year, at least. I've read Anita since the beginning, but since then I've branched out and found other authors who maybe do it a little better, and my love affair for Anita cooled slightly. I have the rest of the series, though, and I'm sure once I throw myself back into her world, I'll read until I'm caught up. Until then, it sits, waiting for me to finish it.
6. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein - This is all three books in one. I keep telling myself I will read this one day, but it's so huge, and the print is so small. And I just don't know if I'm that dedicated...
7. Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher - Another one of my original series before I discovered a whole world of books. It was him, LKH, Kim Harrison, MJD, Charlaine Harris, and J.R. Ward, pretty much - then I got into a whole load of new series, and some fell by the wayside, this one included. I've kept up with the books though, and have the rest of the series, I just need to get reading...
8. Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson - See? another series I stalled in. It's not my fault if I'm just finding so much out there that captures my attention more, right? I feel so disloyal... :)
9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare -I have the first 3 in this series. I've heard good things, just haven't gotten to them yet. 
10. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead -  I love Richelle Mead, I love this concept, just haven't gotten around to starting it, yet.

So, what do you think? Any must-reads on here? What are your top ten? 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed The Historian, but I'll admit that it was quite a dense read and took awhile to get through.

    City of Bones is sitting quietly on my shelf waiting to be read as well. :)

    ReplyDelete