This weekly meme is hosted by Larissa's Bookish Life
The theme for today is:
Books for a PNR 1st Timer!
My ideas were kind of the same as I've seen on others' posts. :)
1. Dark Lover - definitely - this series seems to be the epitome of PNR, without being too sappy or HEA for me - there's always twists and angst, so it still works for me. :)
2. Dead Until Dark - Before True Blood- These books still have everything a good PNR needs, but are a lighter, sometimes humorous read. You still get some HEA, but it's still not overly sweet.
3. A Quick Bite - Lynsay Sands' Argeneau vampire series has lots of HEAs with hot vampires and they are fun and quick to read.
4. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire - kind of similar to The Argeneau series, Kerrelyn Sparks' series includes shifters and different types of vampires. These books are fun and overall light - but there is action, and of course HEA.
5. Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian creates a world similar to the BDB, but this series is still good. I love it! A little darker than my #s 2-4, but not quite as heavy as BDB. Great sex scenes, though and heartwarming HEAs.
There are my top 5, I guess. Really - I love PNR so much, and have been reading it for so long, it was hard to choose just 5. It was really kind of arbitrary. :) Yesterday I pushed Dark Lover into my sister's hand and told her she HAD to read it - she hasn't really read any PNR, so that's why I started with that one. We'll see how she likes it.
What are your top 5?
Don't miss my giveaway of Save My Soul!!
Have a great Sunday!