Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review - Save My Soul by Zoe Winters

Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)Save My Soul by Zoe Winters

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



From Goodreads:
All he's asking for is her soul.

After buying the antebellum home she's fantasized about since childhood, Anna Worthington discovers Luc, a dangerously seductive incubus who has been trapped in the house by a fifty-year-old curse. To rid herself of her problem house guest she'll call on a priest, gypsies, ghost hunters, and the coven of witches from lust bunny hell. All she has to do is resist him long enough to break the spell so they can go their separate ways. If she doesn't, she could die. And that would be the best case scenario.


What I thought:
This is the second book in Zoe Winters’s Preternaturals series. I did not read book 1, but I will doing so soon. You can pick up Save My Soul and not be lost at all, it seems this story is independent of the others. If there were any crossovers, I didn’t notice and they did not distract from the plot.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! The idea of Luc being an incubus and trapped in the house was so new and different. I really enjoyed it! The storyline sucked me right in and I had to force myself to go to bed and not stay up until all hours of the morning just to finish the book-- I did stay up the next night to finish it, though. :)

Anna is an awesome character! She was strong, snarky, independent - everything I would love to be! She resists the temptations of Luc, even when she knows he wants only her. She sticks to her principles, and even though I was yelling at her just to sleep with him already, it really was admirable. All the characters are well-developed and I found myself getting drawn into their lives and caring about what happened to them. The plot moved quickly, there was action, humor, the discovery of alternate dimensions, magic, and nosy, old, small-town bitties. (Or is it biddies? Hmmm).

At the beginning of the book, I thought the house was simply haunted, and Ms. Winters’s descriptions left me looking over my shoulder nervously. Yes, I got a little creeped out - her ghostly descriptions were so vivid. The rest of the book was well written also. I loved the descriptions of the small-town because I live in one, and I could totally relate. When the old biddies encounter Anna and the prostitutes--hilarious!! (You’ll just have to read to find out).

The twist at the end was a little cheesy for me, but it worked. I don’t know who the next book will feature, but I would love to learn more about Cain - I mean he can’t be ALL bad, right? Haha

Overall, I rate the book 4 out of 5 stars- I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I probably won’t ever re-read it. There was some hot sex that I liked, but nothing too graphic or detailed - heat level probably a 3 out of 5.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment